It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 13:57

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | 🡆 Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Crop to Frame

Post your Script Requests for GIMP here.
Forum rules
Request your Script(s) for GIMP here in this forum.
Provide details of steps performed in GIMP so that script can be written for the process and also give the request a name so that scripts can be named after.
enxio27
Forum Member

Crop to Frame

Post#1 by enxio27 » 16 Mar 2020, 19:43

Any way to get a script for this procedure? Cropping to the inside of the frame seems to work best.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2666
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#2 by tim » 18 Mar 2020, 13:20

It's not really a crop. It's more like clear anything that isn't in the frame (selection).
If I script it, I still require you to select the frame by which time it's the same as an invert selection and clear.
I don't think a script would be anymore efficient than manual steps.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#3 by enxio27 » 20 Mar 2020, 17:37

tim wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 13:20
It's not really a crop. It's more like clear anything that isn't in the frame (selection).
Sorry--I'm using the word "crop" in the scrapbooking sense. I guess it doesn't necessarily translate across the board.
If I script it, I still require you to select the frame by which time it's the same as an invert selection and clear.
I don't think a script would be anymore efficient than manual steps.
What if it's understood that the interior of the frame is what is selected (perhaps with the addition of a grow by one pixel) before the selection is inverted? Or would that not be possible to script?
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#4 by tim » 20 Mar 2020, 17:41

grow by one pixel won't select the interior.
If you want I can script it to alpha to selection to select the frame then just assume the center is always wanted it can area select the center added to selection then clear out the rest...if that would work for you then I can script it.
I would need example of .xcf of the layers that has frame and layer that has content to test.
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#5 by enxio27 » 21 Mar 2020, 01:51

tim wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 17:41
grow by one pixel won't select the interior.
I'm sorry, evidently I wasn't very clear. I meant select the interior of the frame, then grow the selection by one pixel (so there are no gaps between the frame and the photo), then invert the selection, then clear the area outside of the selection. The frames I use always have a clear center.
If you want I can script it to alpha to selection to select the frame then just assume the center is always wanted it can area select the center added to selection then clear out the rest...if that would work for you then I can script it.
I would need example of .xcf of the layers that has frame and layer that has content to test.
Attachments
Bluebonnets.xcf
(8.11 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#6 by tim » 21 Mar 2020, 23:02

Please see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2668
I tested with your example .xcf and it works fine.
aka Tin

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#7 by enxio27 » 22 Mar 2020, 23:18

YAY!! Thank you!!
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | 🡆 Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP