2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Beads Pattern Script (for Perlers) in GIMP

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Mapsking
Forum Member

Re: Beads Pattern Script (for Perlers) in GIMP

Post#11 by Mapsking » 25 Jan 2019, 21:34

Don't mean to be pushy, but for some unknown reason, I can't see this at all. I am using Gimp on Winx64, version 2.10.8. We do Perler bead patterns, and I would really like to be able to use this to convert images into patterns, but it won't show up. Other .py files show up just fine as expected. Is it broken? Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any suggestions? It would be very much appreciated.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#12 by tim » 02 Mar 2019, 15:13

@Mapsking , Sorry for replying so late on this.

I only tested on Linux. Now I have remote desktop to Windows so I tested on Windows.

Short story: I opened up version 3 in notepad++ and noticed it's encoding as UTF-8-BOM so I changed it to UTF-8 and saved and Windows was happy with that and it showed up under Python-Fu when I reopened GIMP. So please try version 4 of Beads Pattern Plug-in/Script.
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#13 by tim » 02 Mar 2019, 17:30

Just updated version 5 (shows beads count of each color on beads info image).
Tested on Windows GIMP 2.10.8.
aka Tin

Mapsking
Forum Member

Post#14 by Mapsking » 23 Apr 2019, 18:47

Just a heads up, when running on Windows 10x64, and Gimp 2.10.8, the script crashes whenever you select the Square Grid Color (Dark Grid) and Beads Grid Color (light grid) boxes. Also, the # of Beeds per square should be beads. Thanks for this script again!

perefredouille
Newly Registered

Post#15 by perefredouille » 28 Nov 2020, 11:22

Hi. FYI I installed the beads_tt.zip plugin with my Gimp 2.8 on my old Mac (OSX 10.11).
I just had to change the encoding of the script file from UTF-8-BOM to UTF-8, and it works like a charm !!
Thanks a lot TIm for having shared this script.
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#16 by tim » 28 Nov 2020, 12:50

perefredouille wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 11:22
Hi. FYI I installed the beads_tt.zip plugin with my Gimp 2.8 on my old Mac (OSX 10.11).
I just had to change the encoding of the script file from UTF-8-BOM to UTF-8, and it works like a charm !!
Thanks a lot TIm for having shared this script.
Yeah good thing you found out about the UTF-8-BOM issue. I don't know why my Sublime (text editor) sometimes defaults it to UTF-8-BOM...
Do you bead/perl?
If so, don't hesitate to share some photos of finished projects with us. Especially if it was done using the script. :cool:
aka Tin

TheNashmann
Newly Registered

Post#17 by TheNashmann » 06 Jan 2021, 02:09

Hello Tim!

Lovely script! I do have a question if you dont mind.

I did specify Hama beads and selected 20 different colors but it only output 10. For the others (Perler, Nabbi etc) it used slightly more colors.
Is this a bug or what's going on? Maybe the Hama "color palette" isnt complete?!
I'm running v2.10.22 with v3 of your script.

Problem is that due to availability, im pretty much limited to Hama beads but they do have a lot more colors available than is being shown from the script :)

Thank you again for this great tool and i'm looking forward to your reply!
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#18 by tim » 08 Jan 2021, 23:26

Yeah someone originally gave me the data for the color in excel sheet so it's stuck with that data....if I have data for new colors then I can add them.
aka Tin

TheNashmann
Newly Registered

Post#19 by TheNashmann » 11 Jan 2021, 11:18

I wrote them an email and it appears that theyre very much unwilling to provide RGB values for their colors. Bit of a bummer really
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic